(* indicates student co-authors; updated May 26, 2021)
28. Ghosh, Prasenjit*, Ruiqing Miao, and Emir Malikov. conditionally accepted. “Crop Insurance Premium Subsidy and Irrigation Water Withdrawals in the Western United States.” The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance – Issues and Practice.
27. Yu, Chengzheng*, Ruiqing Miao, and Madhu Khanna. forthcoming. “Maladaptation of U.S. Corn and Soybeans to a Changing Climate.” Scientific Reports.
26. Awolala, David Olufemi, Igbekele Amos Ajibefun, Kehinde Ogunjobi, and Ruiqing Miao. forthcoming. “Integrated Assessment of Human Vulnerability to Extreme Climate Hazards: Emerging Outcomes for Adaptation Finance Allocation in Southwest Nigeria.” Climate and Development. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/17565529.2021.1898925
25. Malikov, Emir, Ruiqing Miao, and Jingfang Zhang*. 2020. “Distributional and Temporal Heterogeneity in the Climate Change Effects on U.S. Agriculture.” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 104:1-10. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeem.2020.102386
24. Li, Yijia*, Ruiqing Miao, and Madhu Khanna. 2020. “Neonicotinoids and Decline in Bird Biodiversity in the United States.” Nature Sustainability 3:1027-1035. doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41893-020-0582-x
23. Miao, Ruiqing. 2020. “Climate, Insurance, and Innovation: The Case of Drought and Innovations in Drought-Tolerant Traits in U.S. Agriculture.” European Review of Agricultural Economics 47(5):1826-1860. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/erae/jbaa010
22. Miao, Ruiqing and Madhu Khanna. 2020. “Harnessing Advances in Agricultural Technologies to Optimize Resource Utilization in the Food-Energy-Water Nexus.” Annual Review of Resource Economics 12:65-85. doi: https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-resource-110319-115428
21. Li, Yijia*, Ruiqing Miao, and Madhu Khanna. 2019. “Effects of Ethanol Plant Proximity and Crop Prices on Land-Use Change in the United States.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 101(2):467-491. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/ajae/aay080
20. Miao, Ruiqing, Prasenjit N. Ghosh*, Madhu Khanna, Weiwei Wang, and Jian Rong. 2019. “Effect of Wind Turbines on Bird Abundance: a National Scale Analysis based on Fixed Effects Models.” Energy Policy 132:357-366. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2019.04.040
19. Schillerberg, Tayler A.*, Di Tian, and Ruiqing Miao. 2019. “Spatiotemporal patterns of maize and winter wheat yields in the United States: predictability and impact from climate oscillations.” Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 275:208-222. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2019.05.019
18. Anand, Mohit*, Ruiqing Miao, and Madhu Khanna. 2019. “Adopting Bioenergy Crops: Does Farmers’ Attitude toward Loss Matter?” Agricultural Economics 50(4):435-450. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/agec.12501
17. Wilson, Norbert L.W., Ruiqing Miao, and Carter S. Weis*. 2019. “When in Doubt Throw It Out! The Complicated Decision to Consume or Waste Food by Date Labels.” Choices 34(1):1-7.
16. Wilson, Norbert L.W., Ruiqing Miao, and Carter S. Weis*. 2018. “Seeing is Not Believing: Perceptions of Date Labels over Food and Attributes.” Journal of Food Products Marketing 24(5):611-631. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10454446.2018.1472700
15. Tian, Hanqin, Chaoqun Lu, Shufen Pan, Jia Yang, Ruiqing Miao, Wen Ren, Qiang Yu, Bojie Fu, Fei-Fei Jin, Yonglong Lu, Jerry Melillo, Zhiyun Ouyang, Cheryl Palm, John Reilly. 2018. “Optimizing Resource Use Efficiencies in the Food-Energy-Water nexus for Sustainable Agriculture: From Conceptual Model to Decision Support System.” Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 33:104-113. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cosust.2018.04.003
14. Miao, Ruiqing and Madhu Khanna. 2017. “Effectiveness of the Biomass Crop Assistance Program: Roles of Behavioral Factors, Credit Constraint, and Program Design.” Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy 39(4): 584-608. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/aepp/ppx031
13. Miao, Ruiqing and Madhu Khanna. 2017. “Costs of Meeting a Cellulosic Biofuel Mandate with Perennial Energy Crops: Implications for Policy.” Energy Economics 64: 321-334. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2017.03.018
12. Miao, Ruiqing, Madhu Khanna, and Haixiao Huang. 2016. “Responsiveness of Crop Yield and Acreage to Price and Climate.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 98(1): 191-211. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/ajae/aav025
11. Miao, Ruiqing, David A. Hennessy, and Hongli Feng. 2016. “The Effect of Crop Insurance Subsidies and Sodsaver on Land Use Change.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 41(2): 247-265.
10. Miao, Ruiqing, Hongli Feng, David A. Hennessy, and Xiaodong Du. 2016. “Assessing Cost-effectiveness of the Conservation Reserve Program and Its Interaction with Crop Insurance Subsidies”. Land Economics 92(4): 593-617. doi: https://doi.org/10.3368/le.92.4.593
9. Miao, Ruiqing and David A. Hennessy. 2015. “Optimal Protein Segregation Strategies for Wheat Growers.” Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics. 63(3): 309-331. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/cjag.12046
8. Du, Xiaodong, Cindy L. Yu, David A. Hennessy, and Ruiqing Miao. 2015. “Geography of Crop Yield Skewness.” Agricultural Economics. 46(4): 463-473 (lead article). doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/agec.12174
7. Miao, Ruiqing, David A. Hennessy, and Hongli Feng. 2014. “Sodbusting, Crop Insurance and Sunk Conversion Costs.” Land Economics. 90(4): 601-622. doi: https://doi.org/10.3368/le.90.4.601
6. Miao, Ruiqing and Madhu Khanna. 2014. “Are Bioenergy Crops Riskier than Corn? Implications for Biomass Price”. Choices. 29(1).
5. Miao, Ruiqing and David A. Hennessy. 2014. “To Learn or To Change: Optimal R&D Investments under Uncertainty in the Case of Climate Change.” Natural Resource Modeling. 27(2): 235-257. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/nrm.12032
4. Miao, Ruiqing. 2013. “Impact of Ethanol Plants on Local Land Use Change.” Agricultural and Resource Economics Review. 42(2): 275-293. doi: https://doi.org/10.22004/ag.econ.155314
3. Feng, Hongli, David A. Hennessy, and Ruiqing Miao. 2013. “The Effects of Government Payments on Native Grassland Conversion, the CRP, and Corn Acreage Changes in the Dakotas.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 95(2): 412-418. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/ajae/aas112
2. Miao, Ruiqing, David A. Hennessy, and Bruce A. Babcock. 2012. “Investment in Cellulosic Biofuel Refineries: Do Waivable Biofuel Mandates Matter?” American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 94(3): 750-762. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/ajae/aar142
1. Miao, Ruiqing. 2011. “Bargaining between Firms and Environmental Protection Bureaus: Water Pollution in China.” China Agricultural Economic Review. 3(1): 80-91. doi: https://doi.org/10.1108/17561371111103561